Sunday, April 20, 2014

The Morning After the Show

It's 6:30 am and I'm up getting dressed for church. 

Today is Easter Sunday. Resurrection Sunday. 

I've only been sleep for a few hours but I'm still flying high off of last night's show and gathering of friends. It was a great night of music, love, laughs and precious memories that I'll cherish forever.

It's amazing what takes place in an environment where love lives and thrives. I've always said that I want my shows to be a place where people can think, be inspired, and hopefully love more than ever before. I believe this happened last night.

I didn't do this alone. I want to thank my amazingly supportive wife, Christia, my band members for the night, Andrew Gibson and Isaiah Cox, my Hope Church family, my coworkers from Vantage Credit Union, and all my friends who came near and far to support us. 

It was so cool to hear people singing songs you wrote that were once just ideas! It was cool to have conversations before and after the show that ask intriguing questions like "What inspired Kenny to write that song?" It was amazing to see families rekindled. And it was beautiful to witness the power of love through music.

I love each and every one of you for believing in me. I don't take it for granted.

May this be a day full of love, laughs and precious moments of reflection for you and your family on this Resurrection Sunday. 

Kenny.

No comments:

Post a Comment