Tuesday, March 11, 2014

The OVERCOMER Series

I'm a big fan of sharing testimonies and stories of triumph. 

I remember going through some very difficult times and wanting so desperately to hear real stories of how people made it through. 

It's sad but it seems like sometimes those stories are few and far in between. It's time to change that. I'm a part of the movement to facilitate that change. 

You've heard me mention this before but it's true. "We overcome by the blood of the Lamb and the word of our testimony," (Revelations 12:11). 

Don't be afraid to share your testimony. In fact, don't be afraid to admit where you are in the journey of life. I think many of us don't want to talk about our weaknesses for fear of abandonment, rejection, etc. But let me encourage you…what you don't confront, you can't change. That applies to mistakes from the past, trying to see dreams and purpose fulfilled and so on. 

I am very passionate about this. I was held in bondage and a prisoner and slave to sin, more than you'll ever know. I have witnessed the power and love of our resurrected Jesus Christ in my life, in my mind, in my body, in my marriage and in my relationships. I'm living proof that it works!

After speaking with many of you and getting feedback from my previous posts, I was inspired to create an "Overcomer Series" with individuals who have overcome various obstacles and are passionate about sharing them. The very thing you're facing right now…someone has overcome it. Hearing these stories will build your faith and we all need faith building on an on-going basis. 

If you'd like to be a part of the "Overcomer Series," message me. I'm looking to present these stories in various forms: blogging, video, pictures and more. 

"To everything, there is a season and a time to every purpose under heaven," (Ecclesiastes 3:1) It's time to speak out fam. 

For an extra bonus, check out this video of what happens when you share your heart in love. 

2 comments: