Tuesday, September 2, 2014

St. Louis, The World is Watching


During the height of The Ferguson Riots, I wanted to say something, do something but didn't know exactly what to say or whether it was the right time to say anything at all. It seemed like everyone had an opinion, whether good or bad, and shared, sometimes explicitly, how he or she felt about the situation, often saying things that, unfortunately, can never be taken back.

My wife and I silently watched in shock as our beautiful city became a global point of attention for what seemed to be something unreal, almost like watching a horror movie.

We'd just moved into our new home in a new community and were busy adjusting to our new space. We tried to stay focused, but we felt fear trying to creep into the door of our heart. 

I remember holding our son while he slept and started walking and praying in the spirit around around bare living room. Then, I heard the Lord speak very clearly "Drive fear out of your city. Perfect love casts out fear." That was a seed, and I knew what to do from there.

I was driving a few days later, and the Lord laid on my heart an idea to host a men's prayer breakfast. It had been a while since we had one of our Men's Chat & Chew Sessions, and guys from all over were asking when the next one would take place. I was like "Ok Lord! I get it. I hear you!" LOL!

So, this Saturday, September 6, 2014, we will have a Men's Prayer Breakfast to unite as men, fellowship, be empowered by the Holy Spirit and go back and impact our communities, one relationship at a time.

I'm really excited about this! I have a heart for prayer and intercession and know that "If we win the men, we win the community!"

Here's our prayer strategy:

- That our city would have a heart for intercession. (2 Corinthians 7:14)
- Begin to write out specifically what God is showing you in dreams, visions and impression on your heart regarding peace, unity and the Kingdom coming to earth. (Joel 2:28, Matthew 6:10)
- Pray with your wives, children and family on a consistent basis. (1 Peter 3:7)

I'm inviting my brothers of all races, backgrounds and walks of life to attend. If you're a father, bring your sons. We will provide a light continental breakfast (you know I love to eat), you'll be able to connect with other great brothers from our region, you'll be able to spend time in the presence of the Lord and leave refreshed, recharged and ready to serve your family and community.

Here are the details:
Event: Men's Prayer Breakfast
Date: September 6, 2014
Time: 8 am
Cost: FREE!!!!!
Venue: Faithworks Fellowship Ministries
Address: 3116 Locust, St. Louis, MO 63103

St. Louis (and Men and Women of God), the world is watching! The earth is groaning for the manifestation of the sons of God (Romans 8:19). Let's take our Kingdom authority and be salt and light in the world.

Special thanks to my wife, Hope Church Family and friends, Faithworks Fellowship Family, volunteers, worship band and everyone for helping make this happen! I love you guys!

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to give me a call at (314) 384-6524 or via email at propheticflow@gmail.com.

See you Saturday guys!





1 comment:

  1. In prayer a few weeks ago I feel the Lord showed me that what was happening in our city was being controlled by a spirit of fear....fear of not being seen, fear of not being heard, fear that someone may feel differently about something than I do....and like you I was afraid to say anything because it could be misconstrued and cause division. You are right on Kenneth Deshields and I love you 143

    ReplyDelete