Wednesday, September 17, 2014

I Get to Open for Eric Roberson!!



Eric Roberson has been one of my favorite artists for the past few years. I've had the honor of sharing the stage with him a few times as the co-host of The Suite Soul Spot, but my first time seeing him perform live in St. Louis is probably the most memorable.

Vanita Applebaum hosted an event at a small hotel in downtown St. Louis a few years ago featuring St. Louis native, Teresa Jenee and Blue Erro Soul performing artist, Eric Roberson.

It was my first time seeing either artist perform, and I LOVED it! To this day, Teresa Jenee's song "Breathe" is one of my favorites.

Eric's keyboardist for that show was from the Mississippi Gulf Coast and moved to Chicago after Hurricane Katrina. The whole band was great, and they vibed from one song to the next.

One of the coolest moments though was when Eric shared a testimony of how the young guy who designed the blazer he was wearing that evening was able to reconnect with his long lost father at one of Eric's shows in another city.

What made the moment special was not only in how powerful music is in bringing people together but that the band started playing Tye Tribbet's song "Everything" in the background. 

I've always felt like God was looking for moments like those to show Himself strong in venues and places outside of the church's four walls. This was one of those moments and probably the first time I'd really experienced something like that. 

As Eric talked and the band played, I felt the presence of the Lord walk in the room. The intensity of the moment was rising, and I felt like I was going to explode! I'm sure Eric could feel it too. That's when he said, "You know what? It's Sunday. Let's do it....'Master!!!! Savior!!!!!" 

I was DONE!!! I'd never experienced God show up in a "secular" environment like that. That was a life-changing moment and one I'll never forget. Since then, I've watched Eric perform several times, and his shows are always amazing.

So here we are almost eight years later, and I get to open up for his St. Louis stop of The Box Tour/Birthday Week Show at Plush. To say I'm excited (and nervous) is an understatement.

I'm looking forward to rocking out with some awesome musicians and play some new tunes in one of the best music venues in the city. I'd love to see you there!

For more info, click here for more details.

Eric has a great catalog of music. What's your favorite song and where were you the first time you heard it?




No comments:

Post a Comment