Friday, February 14, 2014

THAT'S MY JAM! - Love Songs



You know that feeling you get when hear your favorite song? Or better yet, your favorite song that you haven't heard in a long time? Yup...that one. 

I found my old cd case this week and one of the CDs was from one of my favorite male vocalists - Will Downing. He and Rachelle Ferrell recorded one of the best love songs of all time - "Nothing Has Ever Felt Like This." I played it this morning on the way to work and thought of some other love songs that I really enjoy.

They are as follows (but in no particular order):

We sang this one for our Christmas program at church and it's still resonating with us.

Musiq is one of the most creative songwriters of our generation. I love the storytelling aspect of this song.

My wife actually put me on to Hunter Hayes' music and I've been a fan ever since. The lyrics...man...

This is an "oldie but goodie" that has recently piqued my interest. May even do an updated cover of it. ;)

I'm captivated from the first chord of this song and the bridge is from another familiar song. Do you know what it is?

My wife and I had our first dance to this song when we started dating. :) And who doesn't love some Al Green?!

One of our favorite songs from one of the greatest performers of our time! (i.e. My wife is saved in my phone as Treasure, so that just tells ya right there...#jussayin)

In my opinion, this is one of the best duets of all time. I usually vibe to the groove first, but the lyrics got me. I've heard this song a million times and I guess I never really paid attention to what they were really saying. #grownfolksmusic

I've heard this song performed by many different artists, but there is something really special on this arrangement...

10. YOUR Love Song
Love songs mean different things to different people. What's YOUR favorite love song and why? Post the link or lyrics if possible! 

No comments:

Post a Comment