Saturday, February 8, 2014

I got a ROCK for Christmas!?


I know this story is late but you gotta hear this!

During the Christmas holidays, Christia and I were invited to a couples' Christmas party by some good friends of ours. We were going to play games, eat dinner, listen to music and exchange Secret Santa gifts. The host made it really easy for everyone. Guys were to purchase a gift of $10 or less and the girls were to do the same.

Christia and I both found some really cool gifts and were excited to exchange them at the party.

This was one of the BEST Christmas parties! We had so much fun and laughed until our sides hurt!

At the end of the party, everyone could pick a gift from the table. I picked up a small gift bag that seemed to be relatively heavy. I wondered what it was. It was a rock! What?! The rock said "Courage is fear overcome by faith." I gotta admit…at first, I was bummed. I know I picked a good gift and I was excited to see what gift I would get. Never in a million years did I think I'd get a rock! lol.

But then it dawned on me. This rock or stone, for this matter, was more of a gift than I could imagine…

From November 2012 until December 2013, I experienced a year of crazy nightmares and dreams. In a previous post, I mentioned how 95% of these dreams were of fear and intimidation.

This rock was my gift from God, unbeknownst to whomever chose it, that I had the courage to overcome fear.

This story gets better…

At the beginning of this year, we were at our Wednesday night service at church when we noticed a Facebook post from another friend of ours that really stood out to us. He mentioned that he and his wife were going through a really tough time, financially, and were in need of some food.

Our church has a food pantry, so we hurried downstairs to ask the coordinator if we could grab a few items to take to our friends.

After church, we called them and told them we were on our way to their house. When we pulled up to their home, the husband of this particular family just broke down crying when he saw us. We couldn't imagine what they were going through but wanted to help any way possible.

He thanked us and said that he had to run back inside to get something for us. We were like "No! We just wanna help." But he insisted.

He came back outside and said "this has been in our house for some time now. This is your giant slayer rock." Christia and I looked at each other in disbelief. He had no idea how important a gift like that was to us...

God has a funny sense of humor, eh? :)

Needless to say, I'm building a rock collection, and for real this time...I'm happy (and grateful) about it.

Do you guys have any gifts that hold sentimental value to you and your family? Feel free to share with us here in the comments section below. Love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment