Tuesday, December 30, 2014

The Life of a Love Walker


I love journaling. It's fun; it's one of my favorite pastimes and is very therapeutic. 

A lot goes on in the mind of a creative, and journaling allows me to share my thoughts and feelings in ways I have difficulty conveying through spoken word.

Each one of my journals represents a season. I have journals that are bright and colorful and others that are simple and one dimensional. 

One of my favorites is a black journal with a black and white picture of an off beaten road in the middle of the forest. When I saw it, I knew in my heart that it would capture my next season of writings. 

That picture represented "the road less traveled" from the famous poem by Robert Frost

When I embarked upon writing and recording "The Real Love Project", I had no idea what I was getting myself into. I knew this would be a life-changing album, but I wasn't prepared for how greatly it would impact me first. 

The first single, "That's When You Love", paints a picture of someone taking a "love walk." He or she acknowledges his or her pain, wrestles with letting it go, but boldly declares in the face of hurt and shame:

When it's tough,
When it's unfair,
That's when you love
That's when you love

Oh, when it's uncomfortable,
Inconvenient,
That's when you love
That's when you love


The life of a love walker isn't always easy, but it's worth it. 

I wrote this song for you, for me and for anyone who dares to take the road less traveled. 

Imagine what life would be like if we all took this journey together, one step at a time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment